Wednesday 12 July 2017

WOW: It's 'Shumper' Time Again!

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
What do you think of this cosy merino wool jumper I'm showing off in the above pic? It's in a shade called "mulberry" which is supposed to be a masculine version of lavender, I think. I purchased this fetching knit for my long suffering DH 2 years ago. Actually I found it in a catalogue (I love catalogue shopping) and fell in love with it, but it was in the menswear section and I was supposed to be minimizing my walk in wardrobe, so I bought it for my DH, for him to wear over shirts in winter. I thought it was a great buy. But when it arrived, it was too big for him.

'I think it would look better on you' he said as he tried it on. And I couldn't disagree. My DH has impeccable taste.

So now I have a new favourite jumper. But you know how I hate to have a cold neck. And that means it's time to create another 'shumper' which is my own magical word for what happens when I insert a shirt collar into a jumper. I just look better in shirt collars. And look, I found this scrap of Fassett fabric and there's just enough for a cute collar. It was meant to be!

I can't wait to show it off when it's finished. I hope to make it up today.

What's Your WOW?



5 comments:

  1. Hi Esther,
    Great find! Great combination!
    Love to see the " new look" !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can pass that Shumper on to me when you don't want it any more LOL It's such a Stunning colour. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that your button is also affected by photobucket apparently being short of money. So much work ahead as I have my blog banner and button all over the place and now it says the photobucket thing instead....sigh.
    No way can I afford to pay photobucket $400 a year to host my images!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ridiculous. I always wondered why they hosted for "free". Now I know, their end plan was to charge. A reasonable charge would have been OK, but I don't accept their new terms so I'll just let it go.

      Delete
  4. What a fab colored sweater!! Any shade of purple is my favorite. Can't wait to see the new shumper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...