Saturday 16 June 2012

Forget Me Not, details


Forget Me Not
This is a block from Part 5 of my free 2012 Mystery BOM Forget Me Not


This block was a real pleasure to make
There's just something so joyous about a bunch of forget me nots. Of course, being so tiny and so many hundred being in a bunch, I have stylised the design into more of an interpretation! Being the namesake block of the quilt, I thought it was fitting that my plum bird make it into the design too.


I hope you love this block as much as I do

Select fabrics to compliment your background


I cut away my stem after stitching the inside shape and lines in,
it's so much easier this way


 the little forget me nots in a bright sky blue

 the plum bird
(well all my quilts have a bird in the design somewhere)


 tiny yellow centres
I think the forget me not centres are calling out for
embroidery knots or small beads
putting them in place with tweezers!



This is a block from Part 4 of my free 2012 Mystery BOM Forget Me Not
You can download this month's block via my website or my Yahoo Bom Group 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...