Friday 29 February 2008

Stenciling !


Patchwork & Quilting Magazine, March 2008

I'm delighted to have contributed to the March issue of P&Q ! As you know, I'm a little biased when it comes to recognising stenciling as a traditional (if mainly forgotten) quilting technique... and I was fortunate enough to have a Stenciling How to featured in this issue too. Nightshade is also featured and there's a great stenciling project (if I do say so myself!).

I've had a few emails from people wanting to know where to start with stenciling - good question! I created the stencil project in P&Q for those interesting in trying out stenciling, as well as those wanting to go one step further...this stencil can be used as a stand alone block or made to contribute to a larger quilt (coming soon in a future issue)...so if you've wanted to look into stenciling and maybe putting your hard work to good use a little later on, this issue is for you.

Of course, feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...